A Men’s Guide to Finding a Nose Surgeon
You’re a manly man. You do manly things. You watch football, mow the lawn, fix a leaky toilet. You’re a barbecue master. You’re the king of your domain. But, you have a little secret. You think you have a tiny flaw that you want fixed. You aren’t happy with the way your nose looks. After a lengthy period of pondering you’ve made up your mind. You’ve decided to get a nose job.
Keep Your Nose Job a Secret?
Once you get a nose job the results will be unmistakable. And, there is no going back. People will comment on your appearance because you will look different. Get ready to receive compliments that you perhaps haven’t heard before. How you address this newfound attention will be up to you. On the other hand, you can receive unwanted attention because your nose didn’t turn out that great or looks fake and it’s obvious that you’ve had a nose job.
How to Find a Male Rhinoplasty Surgeon
- Find a surgeon you feel comfortable with. Your nose surgeon should be open and you should feel at ease when discussing your needs and wants. They should be able to answer all your questions. If they deviate from your questions then maybe you should consider another surgeon.
- Have realistic goals. Unrealistic goals can only result in disappointment. Some men undergo male rhinoplasty because they think it will improve their dating life. Some believe a nose job will kick-start their career. A nose job may get you more dates but it won’t make you a better lover. Similarly, it will not make you better at your job.
- Chose a board certified surgeon. Ideally, you will want to select a board certified plastic surgeon. This means, in addition to medical school, your doctor attended extended and rigorous training was was by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
- Find a plastic surgeon who has >10 years experience in facial surgery. Plastic surgeons operate on all parts of the body. It’s imperative to select a surgeon who specializes in facial surgery and particularly in nasal surgery.
- Select a rhinoplasty surgeon with reconstructive experience. A plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience in reconstructive surgery should have the ability to completely rebuild a nose. Should something go wrong during surgery this type of surgeon should be able to ‘troubleshoot’ easier than a cosmetic surgeon. Ideally, they will have experience performing rhinoplasty procedures on men.
- Review their work. Your new nose should match your face. Some surgeons give most of their clients the same looking nose. This is why in some cases it is easy to spot ‘nose jobs’. You probably don’t want this type of surgeon to operate on your nose.
- Trust your gut. After you’ve done your research and after you’ve gone through with an inperson consultation you should feel comfortable with your surgeon. If you don’t then maybe you should postpone the surgery or find another surgeon. If you’re having a hard time finding a surgeon then head over to http://rhinoplastymichigan.net to find a reputable Michigan plastic surgery clinic.
Watch the video below to see what to expect from rhinoplasty surgery.